ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Paul the octopus

Henry the octopus,

lives in our backyard swimming pool..

Henry the octopus,

with his underwater scoop…

         

that was the original version of it. If you deal with toddlers, I am sure you know ‘Henry the Octopus’… he is purple, has eight legs and is the leader of the underwater Big Band. He is a smart dresser and loves his tartan outfit, shiny black shoes, bow tie and boater hat. When he dances he twists around and around….. do the tentacles dance…. he says.

No… the talk now is not Henry… it’s Paul!! The sudden famous octopus, brought to attention due to the World Cup 2010. Nicknamed ‘Paul The Oracle Octopus’ amongst others because of it’s ability to predict the outcome of Germany’s matches till yesterday’s semifinal against Spain was a superb 100%; six out of six prediction! Paul started in 2008 with 70 – 80% of accuracy in his predictions… Practice makes perfect??

psychic Paul-the-octopus-

Paul is so cute! Posing for pictures now… with the half closed eyes… emo2

 

really cute!!

 

octopus_paul

Actually, an octopus gives me the creeps. I saw a television documentary on octopus and giant squid before; how the arms and the suction cups work… smile_thinking It actually killed my appetite for these delectable dishes.

Back to Paul, after the 1-0 win by Spain, I read up on comments and blogs about Paul and his predictions. Very entertaining! It got me giggling; very funny remarks and some even suggested recipes… there was this blog that had wonderful captures of dishes with octopus as the main menu… OMG! Imagine… if Paul can speak human language… could Paul seek political asylum?

emo9

  Do we extend it to an octopus?? laugh

             Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! 

As I always quote during this World Cup…

“waka waka… all in South Africa!”

 

You’re cute Paul… long live! Though I doubt very much if we will see Paul live through the next World Cup considering it’s lifespan…

octopus

More read ups on octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ADVERTISEMENT

Locations of visitors to this page