ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Iron Mosque

Today, I visited Putrajaya. As it was almost time for Asar, the evening prayer, I decided to drive to the Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque, or Iron Mosque. See it thru my eyes ya…

DSC_0033

top picture: the mosque. I was running late, it’s so huge, I was everywhere… upstairs, downstairs… I needed to do ablution (wudhu) and had to rush up to adorn the prayer cloak (telekung). So, no time for pictures!

from the prayer hall; bottom left: the front (Asmaul Husna Calligraphy) on a glass panel; bottom right: no doors!! open concept. That’s why it says the mosque was designed based on three concepts; wind, simplicity and transparency. Not like you can walk out that way, they have man made pool all around it and if you decide to cross it anyway, you’re on a higher floor with the lake waiting at the bottom… wanna swim? or drown yourself… you’ll probably be in the news the following day…

DSC_0007DSC_0013 yeah, I was using the DSLR. Not enough lighting, need to invest in an external flash… anyway, I just need to ‘get to know’ the camera first.

DSC_0012DSC_0019

top left: view from the left; top right: view from the right of the main prayer hall. Lovely eh?

DSC_0016DSC_0017DSC_0021DSC_0022

In any mosque… it’s the architecture of the dome that becomes one of the main attraction.. they didn’t call it the Iron Mosque for nothing.

DSC_0024DSC_0026 DSC_0027DSC_0028

Walking out from the left side of the building… (it has more to attract me), I snapped these four. The garden before entering the main prayer hall, the view overlooking part of Putrajaya from a patio at the corner of the mosque.

DSC_0029DSC_0031

As I walk out the gate I realize it was a walkway made to link the offices to the mosque. Below it is the road that links from other Presints… and when I turn 180 degrees round, I see the garden and landscape that was adapted from the ancient castles of Alhambra.

DSC_0054DSC_0036

top left: the view from the other side of that walkway. Again my lighting.. and top right: the Palace of Justice that you see through that arch.

DSC_0127

I will put up more in my next posts. Other spots that I went to. I didn’t cover much, it’s just that I have read about this new mosque and I wanted to see it myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ADVERTISEMENT

Locations of visitors to this page