ADVERTISEMENT

Monday, May 17, 2010

Kuala Terengganu ~ Islamic Heritage Park (3)

So, I had another camera in my handbag. (Thank God). One that I brought just in case my Sony Cybershot run out of battery. This one is Canon IXUS 970IS. Takes good and sharp pictures.

IMG_1335

the Aleppo Citadel Syria again… awesome!

IMG_1336 IMG_1337

The Mosque of Mohammed Ali, Egypt.

IMG_1338 IMG_1339

Masjid Nabawi, Madinah

IMG_1340 IMG_1341

Suleyman Mosque, Turkey and The Great Mosque of Qairawan, Tunisia.

IMG_1351i

Al-Hambra, Spain. (More articles on this @ a, b, c, d. I like to read about this era. Spain was once ruled by the Muslims. ‘His story’ eh!) Time was against me. I had to rush by now or miss my flight home. I wanted to finish all plus see the main attraction here. Oh yes! This was a huge attraction alright, but the best is yet to come and I cannot miss it… I was almost running from one miniature to another.

IMG_1343 IMG_1344

The Kalyan Minaret, Uzbekistan. By now, I couldn’t think of how to put it all into one frame, tilt here and there… 1:8?? How does the real thing look like anyway?

IMG_1345 IMG_1353

The Great Mosque of Agadez, Nigeria and Xian Mosque, China

IMG_1348 IMG_1349

the Kul Sharif Mosque in Russia. This one had me rooted and gawking at it too… didn’t know why. Here is another site you should look at on this mosque by photosynth. Amazing work! That’s the last of the miniature.

IMG_1352

I stopped at the cafe for a drink then rushed of to the…

IMG_1360i IMG_1365

…. Crystal Mosque, Kuala Terengganu. I managed to perform solah, sunnat, Zuhr n Asar… happy! very happy! Just no time to snap picture of the interior. I was terribly terribly late.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ADVERTISEMENT

Locations of visitors to this page