ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Masjid Klang ~ The Golden Dome

Klang Town… I pass this township occasionally and as I drive pass, my eyes will always look towards the golden globe, no no… golden dome by the river. I saw it from far while under construction and was fascinated by it. Maybe one day… ??

Today, I was driving through the town again and I thought… why not stop by today… now (that was thereabout 5pm). So, I took the turning and drove slowly towards it. Oh wow…. such a beauty.

DSC_0052

It is situated by the river, right in the center of town. Across the road is Klang Digital Mall which has not begun it’s operation yet. Pretty convenient. Anyway, since I have the camera with me, I started taking pics, but I am also shy eh… so, I hid the camera and went in. Oh wow! I am even more fascinated but dare not take pictures… too obvious? hehehe. I quickly did ablution and went to the ladies quarters for the Asar prayer. When I’m done, I took a peek… hmmm.. I cannot waste this! Only God knows when will be the next time I will be here. Plus, what is wrong with sharing it’s beauty?

 DSC_0054 DSC_0055 DSC_0057DSC_0058

Top: the interior from the ground floor (the main prayer hall). That’s the view from the ladies quarters. I believe when there is a huge crowd, the ladies will have to move to the upper floor. I was curious… so I went to the side of the mosque and I saw the newly erected Indian Muslim Mosque on the other side of the bridge. Also very grand.

DSC_0059

bottom left: is the corridor, door opens to the main prayer hall. Lots of glass panel which makes it brightly lit, naturally.

bottom right: it’s the stairway leading to the ladies praying quarters on the first floor. It reminds me of… Spain?

DSC_0060 DSC_0062DSC_0063

The mosque took 6 years to build. A lot of controversies it seems. Thank God, it’s all over and was first used in August, 2009. I can’t find much on the history of this mosque in the internet even as at today, maybe someone will update one day eh?

Well, I have an appointment on the other side of town and I really do not know this place, better move on before it gets dark… 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ADVERTISEMENT

Locations of visitors to this page